Wednesday, March 21, 2012

1.5mg Lexapro

Well I am at 1.5mgs of Lexapro. Right now the withdrawal symptoms I have are : swollen ankle (by the way doctors try and avoid admitting Lexapro can cause or when you withdraw from it swollen ankles.) headaches, muscle aches, still not feeling all my emotions as I should.

I have no clue as in what to expect after I am finished other than I have yet another taper to do with Klonopin. I really hope it is easier then the antidepressant withdrawal.

I have no doubt that my central nervous system is a the last majorly disrupted to damaged. I pray that It will heal.

It has been 3 years if you include the two other attempts to get off this drug. It is unbelievable that so much time has been lost. The only upswing is that this last time (1  year 1 month) has been livable due to the slower taper of 10 percent every 3 - 4 weeks.

This last year and one month has been dedicated to get off of 10mgs! I suffered with doing large drops of 10mg ever 3 months until I found out about the 10 percent method. I  have no doubt that I would have failed again if not for slowing down.

I really greatly regret taking an antidepressant.  It has been the biggest mistake of my life.

BTW You would think that 1.5 mgs is small and such a nothing that just stopping at this point would be no biggie. But that is not true. My goal here is to not permanently damage my brain and I have been on this drug far to long to just jump off. It has to be well under 1mg.

And since doctors are still to this day deny withdrawal does not exist in Lexapro (even though the makers of it admit it) I would never trust their word about the safety of quitting at 1.5mg.


TooDazed



5 comments:

matina said...

Well good luck on all of the hopes in your last post. As one who also has failed withdrawal three times with another I too am being VERY cautious of any more damage, and repairing damage done. Thus the reason for the standstill. I do want off of this and hope not to have to return due to phantom disguises of a need for it. I am doing better and better with each passing week. My adrenals are repairing, my thyroid is beginning to support itself, and my hormones seem to be trying to do the same. I am on the lower dose of Deplin methylfolate and working toward the higher dose to assist with my genetically altered gene disorder that does not break down and sue the folate in foods properly AND repair my brain by building more neurons. Plus I am being very 'religious' ; )
about all of the suppliments my natural path has prescribed. You mentioned exhaustion. If you feel inclined to I would suggest you look up adrenal fatigue symptoms. Some of these symptoms of withdrawal are in fact adrenal fatigue. If that is your case and youcontinue going down without supporting the adrenals you will just get worse and end up sicker then you were when you first went on your anti depressants. Take care of yourself and try not to be in such a hurry. Especially now that you are going through such a stressful time with your siblings sickness. All sites warn against withdrawing during these times.
Take care.

TooDazed said...

Well so far I have lost one family member suddenly, and one of my best friends died in this past year during withdrawal. Plus two of my pets died that I had had over 10 + years I also now have a total of two siblings that are seriously ill. If I wait because of each of these I would never be free of Lexapro.

If anything it put to test the CBT therapy.

One thing I am not is in a hurry, I might feel frustrated but would never put myself at risk.

I did have a thyroid test and the levels were fine.

Actually doing way better here now. When I posted that, the next day came down with being sick. Went to the docs got medicine and am way better. Sometimes being tired is just withdrawal or oncoming flu lol.

Hope you are doing well :)

matina said...

Sorry about your losses. I am glad your thyroid is okay too.
Hang in there. I will up for another reduction soon. : )

matina said...

Hey! How are you doing? Are you still at the same drop? Have you had any improvements or set backs?
I have not budged yet- still up an down in swings and not feeling 'undepressed" : ) enough to drop again. I have had a terribel reaction to something-maybe the Deplin folate in the form of a serious raised rash on my neck and chest. Stopping that for a spell until it clears up. At least the spring-summer is rolling in and that should perk us up.
Take care.

TooDazed said...

I just dropped to 1mg of Lexapro, in the middle of achy muscles and feeling tired and kind of dizzy. I am just bidding my time until this passes.

Post a Comment