Monday, June 8, 2015

Four Years

May 22, 2012 was my last dose of Lexapro. Wow around four years. And it has been four months since my Klonopin taper(Feb 2015).

I am so grateful for being here today and feeling the way I do. I feel peace. I have to say that the Klonopin taper was hands down harder and more painful to me.

When I was tapering Lexapro I had a lot of depression and anxiety and some physical discomfort. With klonopin taper I had all of that but magnified by 100 it seemed like. Once I leanred about the daily taper and took control it was hard but very doable and I am so glad I did it the way I did.

I gained so much weight from taking lexapro for 6 years, I gained 100 pounds! Also my emotions were very blunted. Lexapro also did something to my hormones, I had very heavy and painful periods, it was agony. Within 30 days of my last dose all those problems went way. I also lost 100 pounds! And I am not moody, anxious or depressed.

I don't know if Lexapro is good for anyone, but if you have weight gain don't blame yourself like I did, look into why? It could be your medication, it was for me!

If your emotions are blunt, weight gain, mood swings depressed or anxious, it might be your pill.

I am not a Doctor so take that into consideration, but what I have learned from all this, is to look into any pill that is prescribed for anything. I no longer blindly listen to my Doctor and take pills no matter what it is for.

Even if you have to be on something, look into everything and do the best you can for your self.

Never EVER blame a symptom on yourself like I did, it took me 6 years of suffering.

Life for me is good, even tough I have had two family emergency, with really scary medical stuff. Not me but close family members and I was able to be there for them through everything. There is no way I could have done that before.

The Klonopin withdrawal put a pretty big kink in my plans but all is right with me tonight and my hope is that all of us can have some peace of mind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment